Are you prepared to pay the price of getting your ex back?
The urgency to get back your ex can be tracked down to your need to get out of the pain of separation. Your ego is hurt and you want to restore it in the fastest possible way. Most of us go through this syndrome and we use various ways to justify our actions including I was missing him so much; I can’t imagine life without her; I can’t think of loving anyone else after this – and so on.
As we get busy deploying the various strategies to get back the loved one, not many of us think about the price that we have to pay during the process and even after the loved one returns to our lives, until it is too late. To get back your ex, is no mean task – it takes a toll on your time, patience, self-esteem and most importantly your ego, which takes the maximum beating.
It is true that a breakup is traumatic and is also an opportunity to improve oneself. But to get back your ex, you might as well be prepared to face some home truths. Over and above the fact that the sheer time and effort needed to get back your ex can yield completely unpredicted results, even after you manage to get back your ex, it might be doubly stressful to reconcile with this person, especially when the relationship has already shown some serious cracks. Of course, the human mind is capable of making the impossible possible any day, but be prepared that you might be mentally drained during and after the reconciliation.
In fact, it is not a bad idea to be well-prepared to face the consequences during the process to get back your ex as well as life after. Here are some common situations which you might face as you try to get back your ex:
- You might be branded as a weak person filled with several inadequacies.
- Your kind and generous attitudes might be mistaken as stupidity.
- Your habits, not approved by your, ex might be linked to your poor upbringing.
- The initiatives to get back your ex might be misconstrued as overt dependence on your ex and that types like you are social parasites.
- Once you have succeeded to get back your ex, it might be strenuous for you to cope up with the changed demands of your ex.
- After successful reconciliation, you might not quite like what you see in your ex, because you were not prepared to face new realities.
Though this may sound highly negative and pessimistic, you need to keep in mind that all the above and more are stark realities of life, which many of us refuse to acknowledge.
This in no way guarantees that some or any of the above are going to happen between and your ex, but it is always wise to be prepared for the future, without getting overtly concerned about it. After all, future like the past is elusive. But when you have these thoughts at the back of your mind, you are a more mature person, when you are readying yourself to get back your ex.